Installation of Drupal 6.12 on Windows Server 2003
|Installation of Drupal requires the following steps:|
|Installation of MySQL 5.1 on Windows Server 2003
Installation of PHP 5.2.9 on Windows Server 2003 for Drupal 6.12
|Installation of Drupal 6.12 on Windows Server 2003 requires the following files:|
|- In the IIS root directory (default C:\Inetpub\wwwroot) create a new directory (drupal)
- Unpack the drupal-6.1.2.tar.gz content in this directory
|Next open the Internet Information Server Manager on your windows server installation and select the server on which you want to run your drupal website.
Right click with the right mouse button the Web Sites folder and select New.
|A wizard will start.
- Description, enter a description of the website you will be running (drupal website)
|- IP Address, enter the ip address on which you run the IIS server
- TCP port Default port is 80
- Host header default you can leave this emtpy, later on with this option you will be able to redirect
multiple websites to your drupal installation
|- Reference the created directory in which you will place(d) the drupal files
- Allow anonymous access for everyone to visit the not password enabled pages
|- A drupal website requires minimal Read permission and Run scripts permission|
- Go to the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\drupal\sites\default directory and make a copy of default.settings.php and
|Return to the Internet Information Service Manager and select the drupal website and with the right mouse button select browse, the initial Drupal website should show.|
|Open a web browser and enter the address Localhost you will now be able to finish the last part of the Drupal installation.|
- Enter the data you previously entered under the MySQL installation (username, password, databasename)
- Under advanced options you can change the connection parameters to the MySQL server
- Site name, title which will be displayed on your site
- Site Email address, address which will send login names and passwords to users
- Administrator name / password email address for managing your website throug the web interface
- Clean Url cannot be enabled by default on IIS6
If all went well your drupal site should be running and you will be able to access it from anywhere on your network with use of the servers ip address.